PEACCEL is a biotech company that offers fast & industry proven solutions for protein optimization and metabolic pathway engineering. We are looking for an individual with a solid foundation in machine learning and structural biology to join our multinational team. The candidate will support the directed evolution efforts in R&D by providing insight into the structure of the target engineered enzyme. The individual will be expected to propose directed evolution strategies, analyze screening results, and effectively communicate their observations to a broader team. The candidate will also be expected to work closely with the business development group to process and analyze customer screening results and aid in the drafting of proposals.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Analyse literature and patents to evaluate and identify optimal data sets as input for PEACCEL’s machine learning platform innov’SAR
- Perform modeling and predictive rational screening based on the identified data/training sets
- Generate reliable structural models of enzymes and their variants.
- In-silico docking of substrates/products/transitions states in the active site of an enzyme.
- A good understanding of wet lab molecular biology and biochemistry (enzyme expression, screening, etc).
- A solid understanding of enzyme mechanisms.
- Some background in chemistry.
- A good knowledge of statistics.
- Expertise in one or several of the core machine learning areas, eg. Artificial Neural Networks, Supervised/Unsupervised learning methods, Support Vector Machines, Bayesian approaches, Gaussian processes, Markov Models, Decision Theory etc.
- Programming skills in R, Python, Perl and/or C++
- Comfortable in the use of structure visualization software such as MOE, Discovery Studio, VMD, Pymol etc.
- Experienced in computational protein design software such as Rosetta.
- A PhD (bioinformatics, enzymology, protein biochemistry)
- At least 5 years of post-doctoral or industrial experience.
- Experience writing proposals and patents.
- A solid publication record (scientific articles as well as patents).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Can integrate a team as team leader or be efficient team player that is comfortable coordinating and collaborating with many individuals across the company as well as with external partners (academia, industry).
- Strong organizational skills.
Interested? If this interdisciplinary challenge appeals to you, please apply online with your complete application documents (CV +2 reference letters) as well as your earliest starting date and salary expectations at firstname.lastname@example.org.